A. David Axelrad, MD
CLINICAL PSYCHIATRIC PRACTICE
A. David Axelrad, M.D., DLFAPA, FACPsych is a practicing psychiatrist who specializes in Adult Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry, Pain Medicine, Hypnotherapy, Psychoanalysis, and Forensic Psychiatry. He has practiced in all of the above specialties for 45 years.
He is licensed to practice medicine both in the states of Texas and California. Dr. Axelrad is board- certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Psychiatry, Certificate #17308
- Forensic Psychiatry, Certificate #22
- Pain Medicine, Certificate #102 (2003-2013)
In private practice both in California and Houston, his long and deep experience speaks for itself:
- Dr. Axelrad has directed and supervised neuropsychiatric services for several hospitals and institutes.
- He has carried out numerous diagnostic evaluations and neuropsychiatric interventions of patients who suffer from neurological injury and traumatic brain injury and those who are undergoing treatment in rehabilitation centers.
- Dr. Axelrad undertakes outpatient assessment and treatment of patients who experience psychiatric problems and who require neuropsychiatric interventions.
- He provides services for patients who experience anxiety, depression, and psychiatric problems associated with chronic pain.
- Dr. Axelrad has undertaken assessments for alcohol disorders and drug-abuse disorders.
- He has provided psychotherapy and hypnotherapy for patients who experience anxiety disorders, affective disorders, habit disorders, chronic medical problems, and chronic pain disorders.
- Dr. Axelrad has provided psychoanalytic treatment for patients over the course of his practice in Houston, Texas.